This is research, y'all!
I'm trying to lay out some of the differing personality aspects that make up the homebrewing world. Here's what I've got so far:
- Those who brew using traditional processes because it's what's right to do
- Those whose favorite aspect is messing around with equipment
- The process geeks who get deep into understand the effect of a millimeter difference in mill gap setting
- The crazies who think - you know what sounds good - a saison that tastes like guacamole
- The bug hunters to whom Sacchramoyces is so last century
- The guys who will ferment anything and we mean anything.
- The folks who've specialized in doing the small things because renting a bigger apartment requires a promotion and an inheritance.
Who else do you think exists?