On this week's episode, we sit down and look at more trademark disputes, interesting business moves and why social media is ruining beer before heading to the lab for secret experiments, the brewery for ingredient explorations and then into the lounge where Drew sits down with a couple of award winning home brewers - Derek Springer (aka Five Blades Brewing) of the Society of Barley Engineers and Nick Corona (aka 2016's AHA Homebrewer of the Year) of QUAFF. Find out what it means to homebrew in America's brewery mecca! And then of course we answer some questions before Drew leaves you with the nerdiest sports thing to nerd.
- BrewSwag.com - Use Code "Experimental" and save 7.5% and give 7.5% to our charity fund!
- PicoBrew - Save $$ on a Zymatic with the code PICODENNY at http://www.picobrew.com
- Q&A Transcript - https://www.experimentalbrew.com/episode-24-qa-transcript
- Old Town Brewing vs. City of Portland Trademark Dispute - https://www.beervanablog.com/beervana/2017/11/13/the-city-of-portland-ve...
- Widmer Closes Their Brewpub - http://www.newschoolbeer.com/2017/11/widmer-interview-pub-changes-staff-...
- Garrett Oliver on NE IPAs - https://www.morningadvertiser.co.uk/Article/2017/11/15/Garrett-Oliver-Ne...
- Five Blades Brewing - Derek Springers Blog - https://www.fivebladesbrewing.com/
- Society of Barley Engineers - http://societyofbarleyengineers.org/
- QUAFF - http://quaff.org/
- Jon Bois - Chart Party - Kickoffs are Stupid and Bad - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_SsIKgwvz4
- Jon Bois - Pretty Good - Rat Poison and Brandy the 1904 St. Louis Marathon - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4AhABManTw
- Desi Strong - https://www.desistrongfoundation.org/
- Patreon Remember even a buck is good for charity: http://www.patreon.com/experimentalbrewing
- Experimental Brew Store - https://www.experimentalbrew.com/store
00:00:00 Opening & Our Sponsors
00:03:54 Announcements & Corrections & Feedback
00:7:12 The Pub
00:22:18 The Brewery - Hybrid Systems & Hop Plans
00:31:22 The Lab - Denny's Secret Plans
00:35:44 The Lounge - Derek Springer & Nick Corona
01:29:14 Quick Tip
01:30:51 Something Other Than Beer
This episode is brought to you by:
Interested in helping Denny and Drew with the IGOR program (aka help us run experiments!) - contact them at [email protected]. We want more Citizen Science!
In the meanwhile, subscribe via your favorite podcasting service (iTunes, etc). Like our podcast, review it - talk it up! If you have comments, feedbacks, harassments, etc, feel free to drop us a line at [email protected]. Follow us on Facebook (ExperimentalHomebrewing) or Twitter (@ExpBrewing). If you have questions you'd like answered in our Q&A segment, send an email to [email protected]!
Don't forget you can support the podcast on Patreon by going to http://patreon.com/experimentalbrewing
This episode can be downloaded directly at http://www.podtrac.com/pts/redirect.mp3/www.experimentalbrew.com/sites/d...
Podcast RSS Url: http://www.experimentalbrew.com/podcast.rss