In the feedback we tackle Denny's favorite Myths according to our friends and some early feedback about our new show - The Brew Files!
Reminder our charity of is choice is the San Gabriel Valley Humane Society. Let's try and raise enough funds via Patreon to hit a cool thousand by July!
Episode 36 is an all Q&A episode - so get your questions in at email@example.com
In the pub, we talk ABI's latest beer "innovations", what Asahi taking over Pilsner Urquell from SAB Miller will mean for the original Pilsner and the annual hop crop report and what we can expect to see.
In the brewery, Denny covers his recent experience with the Grainfather.
In the lab, we finally get to the results of our Great IBU Experiment brought to you by NikoBrew.com, the AHA, Oregon Brew Lab and the IGORs! First you'll hear from Dana Garves of Oregon Brew Lab describing her journey into Beer Science and how she opened OBL. She'll describe the testing she performed for us and even offer more testing suggestions. And then we bring in special guest star of the episode - the man behind the equation - Dr. Glenn Tinseth.
We tackle a few more of your questions in our Q&A segment and then a listen offers a quickly tips about winter brewing before we close out with Drew's new book - Eight Flavors!
- San Gabriel Valley Humane Society - http://www.sgvhumane.org/
- ABI & Keurig Teaming Up - https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-01-06/ab-inbev-to-work-with...
- Asahi picks up Pilsner Urquell - http://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-38299071
- The increase and decrease in the hops crop - http://thebrewermagazine.com/?p=4544
- Grainfather: https://www.grainfather.com/
- Oregon Brew Lab: http://www.oregonbrewlab.com/
- Dana's Emulsification Video:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LeV7cHnyQY
- Tinseth's Hops Page: http://realbeer.com/hops/
- Eight Flavors - The Untold Story of American Cuisine - Sarah Lohman - http://amzn.to/2izEuo3
- Patreon Remember even a buck is good for charity: http://www.patreon.com/experimentalbrewing
- Experimental Brew Store - https://www.experimentalbrew.com/store
00:00:00 Our Sponsors
00:12:50 The Pub
00:25:30 The Brewery - Grainfather
00:35:37 The Lab - The Great IBU Test
00:38:04 The Lab - Dana of Oregon Brew Lab
00:52:35 The Lab - Glenn Tinseth
01:42:23 Quick Tip & Something Other Than Beer
This episode is brought to you:
Mecca Grade Estate Malt
Interested in helping Denny and Drew with the IGOR program (aka help us run experiments!) - contact them at firstname.lastname@example.org. We want more Citizen Science!
In the meanwhile, subscribe via your favorite podcasting service (iTunes, etc). Like our podcast, review it - talk it up! If you have comments, feedbacks, harassments, etc, feel free to drop us a line at email@example.com. Follow us on Facebook (ExperimentalHomebrewing) or Twitter (@ExpBrewing). If you have questions you'd like answered in our Q&A segment, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org!
Don't forget you can support the podcast on Patreon by going to http://patreon.com/experimentalbrewing
This episode can be downloaded directly at http://www.podtrac.com/pts/redirect.mp3/www.experimentalbrew.com/sites/d...
Podcast RSS Url: http://www.experimentalbrew.com/podcast.rss