New opening to the show this time through. Let's see how you like it (let us know!)
In the pub, we stop by and take about brewery charities and one in particular for Denny's area. We talk about one previous guest's new "kid" rules and the response, before we tackle the big Wicked news of the week and the really insidious piece that virtually no one is talking about behind the scenes.
We stop in the brewery to talk the latest malt report from our good friend Teri Fahrendorf and Denny reminices about the good old cow and hog reports of his youth.
In the lab, we announce our latest experiment - the IGORs are taking a stab at the Brulosophy gang's Biotransformation ale - aka can you tell a difference between a beer dry hopped at high krausen and one dry hopped in secondary. Of course, we're adding an extra special twist to the whole thing because we're required to by law. Twist one, testing two different strains with some IGORs pulling out Wyeast 1318 and some pulling Wyeast 1056. Twist two - we're going to have some visually blind trials vs visual trials. Woo...
Then in the Lounge, Denny talks to Jessica Davis of the Bruery about what it means to do QA work for a brewery with as many on going projects as they have. It's seriously interesting to learn what it means to work in the beer world and be tasked with keeping an eye on things
Finally we tackle questions we can answer. Drop a quick tip on ya and explore just why Drew wants to subject one of his chihuahuas to dangerous acrobatics.
- Ninkasi's Keg for the McKenzie Homewaters - http://www.ninkasibrewing.com/news/blogs/press-blog/2017/04/19/ninkasi-b...
- Eagle Rock's Day Trip Series - https://www.facebook.com/hashtag/erbdaytrip
- Southern's Kid Response - http://www.abcactionnews.com/news/local-news/local-brewery-posts-rules-a...
- Beachwood post about Beer Necessities - https://www.facebook.com/BeachwoodBBQ/posts/1814138018611497:0
- BioTransform Experiment - https://www.experimentalbrew.com/experiments/biotransformation-dry-hop-k...
- The Bruery - http://www.thebruery.com/
- Chris Colby on Beer Foam - http://byo.com/stories/article/indices/35-head-retention/697-getting-goo...
- Crufts on Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/user/OfficialCrufts
- Olly from Crufts - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4N7G29GWQI
- San Gabriel Valley Humane Society - http://www.sgvhumane.org/
- Patreon Remember even a buck is good for charity: http://www.patreon.com/experimentalbrewing
- Experimental Brew Store - https://www.experimentalbrew.com/store
00:00:00 Opening & Our Sponsors & Announcements
00:12:34 The Pub
00:35:22 The Brewery
00:40:46 The Lab - Biotransformation
00:48:30 The Lounge - Jessica Davis of The Bruery
01:30:34 Quick Tip
01:31:57 Something Other Than Beer
This episode is brought to you by:
Interested in helping Denny and Drew with the IGOR program (aka help us run experiments!) - contact them at firstname.lastname@example.org. We want more Citizen Science!
In the meanwhile, subscribe via your favorite podcasting service (iTunes, etc). Like our podcast, review it - talk it up! If you have comments, feedbacks, harassments, etc, feel free to drop us a line at email@example.com. Follow us on Facebook (ExperimentalHomebrewing) or Twitter (@ExpBrewing). If you have questions you'd like answered in our Q&A segment, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org!
Don't forget you can support the podcast on Patreon by going to http://patreon.com/experimentalbrewing
This episode can be downloaded directly at http://www.podtrac.com/pts/redirect.mp3/www.experimentalbrew.com/sites/d...
Podcast RSS Url: http://www.experimentalbrew.com/podcast.rss