Hey, guess what - it's our first repeat guest! (We think - who can keep track?)
But first, an announcement:
Homebrew Con (15-17)
14th - 6:00 PM Trivia at Chop & Bru Party - See ChopandBrew.com for ticket details
15th - Hold My Beer and Watch Me Science
16th - Panel: Building a Great Homebrew Club / Craftmeister / Book Signing / Podcast at BrewCraftUSA Booth
17th - Denny Rests, Maybe
In the feedback, we take a moment to re-visit some questions about Bio-Transformation and address some very pointed criticism about our Brew-Tan experiment.
In the pub, we enjoy a pint or two we raise a pint to Peter Simpson, talk a big beer slide, how to avoid selling out to the IPA-borg and a Chinese Bud Bust.
Inspired by the MBAA Master Brewers podcast, we stop by the library and look at Barth-Haas's latest dissection of hop flavor and aroma as spurred by all these fancy new hops we have at hand.
We stop in the brewery to review Drew's reviews of several malts, including those from our sponsor, Mecca Grade Estate. Which malt will reign supreme?
Then in the Lounge, it's a double dose of interviews - first, live from the Southern California Homebrewers Fest, Drew and Marshall Schott (Brülosophy) interview Kevin Baranowski about his attempt to wake everyone up at the Fest with a Sweet Stout served through a Randall stuffed with Bourbon soaked coffee beans. Then, with podcast magic, we blink our eyes and suddenly Drew swings up to the Bay Area and catches up with Nick Impellitteri about what's happening with the Yeast Bay.
Finally we tackle questions we can answer. Drop a quick tip from a listener and inspired by our last Brew Files episode and Denny talks about his newest PBS obsession!
- Simpson Malting - https://www.simpsonsmalt.co.uk/
- The Taproom Dilemma - Embracing IPAs without Selling Out - https://www.hopculture.com/the-taproom-dilemma-embracing-ipas-without-se...
- Fake Chinese Budweiser - http://mashable.com/2017/05/30/fake-budweiser-china/#AdV6Na87oSqw
- MBAA Podcast - Language of Hops - http://masterbrewerspodcast.com/039-the-new-language-of-hops
- Briess Method of Malt Evaluation - http://blog.brewingwithbriess.com/malt-sensory-methods-you-can-perform-i...
- Drew's Malt Review - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fd02QdQNrcc
- SCHF - https://www.calhomebrewers.org/
- The Yeast Bay - http://www.theyeastbay.com/
- Food, Delicious Science - http://watch.opb.org/show/food-delicious-science/
- San Gabriel Valley Humane Society - http://www.sgvhumane.org/
- Patreon Remember even a buck is good for charity: http://www.patreon.com/experimentalbrewing
- Experimental Brew Store - https://www.experimentalbrew.com/store
00:00:00 Opening & Our Sponsors & Announcements
00:17:51 The Pub
00:36:10 The Library - Hop Language
00:41:51 The Brewery - Malt Tasting
00:47:48 The Lounge - SCHF - Marshall, Drew and Kevin Baranowski
01:14:55 The Lounge - Berkely - Nick Impellitteri of the Yeast Bay
01:55:54 Quick Tip
01:57:18 Something Other Than Beer
This episode is brought to you by:
Interested in helping Denny and Drew with the IGOR program (aka help us run experiments!) - contact them at [email protected]. We want more Citizen Science!
In the meanwhile, subscribe via your favorite podcasting service (iTunes, etc). Like our podcast, review it - talk it up! If you have comments, feedbacks, harassments, etc, feel free to drop us a line at [email protected]. Follow us on Facebook (ExperimentalHomebrewing) or Twitter (@ExpBrewing). If you have questions you'd like answered in our Q&A segment, send an email to [email protected]!
Don't forget you can support the podcast on Patreon by going to http://patreon.com/experimentalbrewing
This episode can be downloaded directly at http://www.podtrac.com/pts/redirect.mp3/www.experimentalbrew.com/sites/d...
Podcast RSS Url: http://www.experimentalbrew.com/podcast.rss