We're still in New Zealand, but this time we're joined by Denny's better half as she walks us through her experience exploring the beers of New Zealand. What stories did she discover about the breweries (and her thought about their IPAs)? And then Denny hits the fields to discover how hop research is carried out in New Zealand! IN the pub, it's all the news fit to drink to, including Denny's anniversary and ABI's impact on homebrewing. In the library we cover some great recipes from Jester King before talking about a new IPA style and why people are confusing it for something Belgian, a little science tease and of course a quick tip and Denny's new cooking obsession.
- BrewSwag.com - Use Code "Experimental" and save 7.5% and give 7.5% to our charity fund!
- HomeBrewCon: https://www.homebrewcon.org/
- Deschutes delays expansion - https://thefullpint.com/beer-news/deschutes-brewery-delays-roanoke-produ...
- ABI and Homebrewing - https://www.beveragedaily.com/Article/2018/04/16/AB-InBev-We-see-homebre...
- A 12th Trappist - https://www.morningadvertiser.co.uk/Article/2018/04/11/UK-s-first-Trappi...
- Brewers Association's Top 50 Growing Brewers - https://www.brewersassociation.org/press-releases/fastest-growing-craft-...
- Jester King Recipes - https://jesterkingbrewery.com/blog/homebrew-recipes
- Brut IPA - http://www.thebeerscholar.com/beer-scholar-cicerone-blog/2018/3/28/brut-...
- Paula's Breweries -
- New Zealand Plant & Food Research - https://www.plantandfood.co.nz/
- Instant Pot (Amazon Link) - https://amzn.to/2Hrit7r
- BYO Subscribe! https://subscribe.pcspublink.com/sub/subscribe.aspx?guid=cc79fade-90d7-4...
- Habitat for Humanity - https://www.habitat.org/
- Patreon Remember even a buck is good for charity: http://www.patreon.com/experimentalbrewing
- Experimental Brew Store - https://www.experimentalbrew.com/store
00:00:00 Opening & Our Sponsors
00:03:04 Announcements & Feedback
00:14:18 The Pub
00:29:30 The Library - Jester King
00:34:00 The Brewery - Brut IPA
00:45:49 The Lounge - Paula's Brewery Tour & Plant Research
01:42:23 Quick Tip & Something Other Than Beer
This episode is brought to you by:
Interested in helping Denny and Drew with the IGOR program (aka help us run experiments!) - contact them at [email protected]. We want more Citizen Science!
In the meanwhile, subscribe via your favorite podcasting service (iTunes, etc). Like our podcast, review it - talk it up! If you have comments, feedbacks, harassments, etc, feel free to drop us a line at [email protected]. Follow us on Facebook (ExperimentalHomebrewing) or Twitter (@ExpBrewing). If you have questions you'd like answered in our Q&A segment, send an email to [email protected]!
Don't forget you can support the podcast on Patreon by going to http://patreon.com/experimentalbrewing
This episode can be downloaded directly at http://www.podtrac.com/pts/redirect.mp3/www.experimentalbrew.com/sites/d...
Podcast RSS Url: http://www.experimentalbrew.com/podcast.rss