Just in time for Christmas and the new year, Drew sits down with John Holl of Craft Beer & Brewing to talk about his new book - Drink Beer, Think Beer. We talk where the industry is and why John's hope for the future isn't a very popular one.
But first we've got to tkae your feedback, cover the beer news - including a controversial take on IPA's drinkers, and then cover Denny's gluten free brewing antics, Drew's rat attack and a new way to egg.
- BYO Boot Camp with Denny, Drew & Marshall - http://byobootcamp.com/
- Wendy Jenning's Cancer Fight - https://www.gofundme.com/kickin039-cancers-butt-with-wendy
- Has Jeff Tweedy become Denny Conn? - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zz2v2Ix7FwE"
- A New Breed of IPA Drinker - http://digitaleditions.walsworthprintgroup.com/publication/frame.php?i=5...
- Farmhouse Manifesto from Scratch Brewing - https://www.goodbeerhunting.com/blog/2018/11/19/keeping-the-farm-in-farm...
- Charlie P brewing with Smithsonian Hops - https://www.craftbeer.com/craft-beer-muses/smithsonians-victory-garden-f...
- Hors Categorie on Industrial Saison - http://www.horscategoriebrewing.com/2018/11/saison-from-1911-finishing-h...
- Ground Breaker Brewing - https://www.groundbreakerbrewing.com/
- Craft Beer & Brewing with John - https://beerandbrewing.com/author/john-holl/
- Drink Beer, Think Beer by John Holl - https://amzn.to/2SaoTZM
- Rat Attack - https://www.experimentalbrew.com/blogs/drew/bond-between-brewer-feline-v...
- Sous Vide Egg Directions - Cook at 194°F for 20 minutes, shock in ice water for 30 minutes, peel, enjoy!
- Nowzad - https://www.nowzad.com/
- Patreon Remember even a buck is good for charity: http://www.patreon.com/experimentalbrewing
- Experimental Brew Store - https://www.experimentalbrew.com/store
00:00:00 Opening & Our Sponsors
00:02:55 Announcements & Feedback
00:12:36 The Pub
00:30:31 The Library
00:35:03 The Brewery
00:41:28 The Lounge - John Holl
01:16:36 Quick Tip & Something Other Than Beer
This episode is brought to you by:
Interested in helping Denny and Drew with the IGOR program (aka help us run experiments!) - contact them at [email protected]. We want more Citizen Science!
In the meanwhile, subscribe via your favorite podcasting service (iTunes, etc). Like our podcast, review it - talk it up! If you have comments, feedbacks, harassments, etc, feel free to drop us a line at [email protected]. Follow us on Facebook (ExperimentalHomebrewing) or Twitter (@ExpBrewing). If you have questions you'd like answered in our Q&A segment, send an email to [email protected]!
Don't forget you can support the podcast on Patreon by going to http://patreon.com/experimentalbrewing
This episode can be downloaded directly at http://www.podtrac.com/pts/redirect.mp3/www.experimentalbrew.com/sites/d...
Podcast RSS Url: http://www.experimentalbrew.com/podcast.rss