One of the greatest joys of HomeBrewCon is getting a chance to talk to interesting people and then get to see them recognized for what their doing. In this episode Drew sits down in conversation with Douglas Amport and John LaPolla - founders of New York City's only homebrew shop - Bitter & Esters. We talk about the challenges and joys of podcasting and running a homebrew shop. A day later, they won as the AHA's Homebrew Shop of the Year!
- Hop & Brew School - https://www.yakimachief.com/events/
- Denny & Drew on Beer Smith - http://beersmith.com/blog/2019/07/24/simple-homebrewing-with-denny-and-drew-beersmith-podcast-195/
- Drew's column in Craft Beer & Brewing - https://beerandbrewing.com/the-classic-appeal-of-the-american-lager/
- Facebook/Instagram Policy Update regarding Alcohol - https://beerandbrewing.com/the-classic-appeal-of-the-american-lager/
- Cantillon's Zwanse Beer - https://www.facebook.com/110627652322553/photos/a.119797978072187/246438...
- Zwanse Day Locations - https://www.facebook.com/Brasserie-Cantillon-110627652322553/
- Northern Brewer sold by ABI's ZX Ventures - https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20190711005456/en/Affiliate-Blackstreet-Capital-Holdings-LLC-Acquires-Northern
- Bitter & Esters - https://bitterandesters.com/
- Netflix - The Chef Show - https://www.netflix.com/title/81028317
- Netflix - The Taco Chronicles - https://www.netflix.com/title/81040704
- Netflix - Mission Control - The Unsung Heroes of Apollo - https://www.netflix.com/title/80175483
- Patreon Remember even a buck is good for charity: http://www.patreon.com/experimentalbrewing
- Experimental Brew Store - https://www.experimentalbrew.com/store
00:00:00 Opening & Our Sponsors
00:03:24 Announcements & Feedback
00:14:14 The Pub
00:28:50 The Brewery
00:42:09 The Lounge - Btter & Esters
01:30:26 Quick Tip & Something Other Than Beer
This episode is brought to you by:
Interested in helping Denny and Drew with the IGOR program (aka help us run experiments!) - contact them at [email protected]. We want more Citizen Science!
In the meanwhile, subscribe via your favorite podcasting service (iTunes, etc). Like our podcast, review it - talk it up! If you have comments, feedbacks, harassments, etc, feel free to drop us a line at [email protected]. Follow us on Facebook (ExperimentalHomebrewing) or Twitter (@ExpBrewing). If you have questions you'd like answered in our Q&A segment, send an email to [email protected]!
Don't forget you can support the podcast on Patreon by going to http://patreon.com/experimentalbrewing
This episode can be downloaded directly at http://www.podtrac.com/pts/redirect.mp3/www.experimentalbrew.com/sites/d...
Podcast RSS Url: http://www.experimentalbrew.com/podcast.rss