The perfect base mead for your sessionable mead needs
8 lbs Honey
4.25 gallons of water
X amount of herbs and flavors.
13.25gm of Fermaid O split into 4 portions (3.3gm). (calculated via TONSA 2.0 calculator)
Yeast: Irish Ale, 71B, EC-1118
Special Instructions / Notes:
- Bring water to a boil, steep any herbs and spices
- Simmer hard barks, roots and berries for 15 minutes and then steep off the heat for another 15 minutes
- For delicate herbs, add off the heat and steep for 20-30 minutes
- Mix in honey. Transfer to fermenter and allow to cool to 60-70's°F and pitch yeast.
- 24 hours post pitch, add one portion of Fermaid O
- 48 hours post pitch, add another portion of Fermaid O
- 72 hours post pitch, add the third portion.
- 7 days post pitch, add the final portion
- Once fermentation is completed, keg and carbonate and serve.(approximately 2-4 weeks)