We're not done with Hop & Brew School just yet because as Denny headed home from Yakima, he stopped in the beer rich river city of Hood River. While there he sat down with Brian Perkey of Lallemand to talk about his long history in the brewing world - how he almost didn't get his first brewing job and what he's done across the world of craft beer. And of course, we cover the beer news, feedback, questions and craft malt!
- Golden Prarie Relaunch - https://www.chicagotribune.com/dining/drink/ct-food-golden-prairie-brewi...
- Drought resistant grain in Australia - https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-09-06/sydney-researchers-fashion-drough...
- Mary Berry Stout - https://thetakeout.com/mary-berry-beer-armistice-cease-desist-trademark-1838216871
- Allagash Becomes a B Corp - https://www.allagash.com/blog/allagash-is-now-a-b-corp/
- Josh Weikert Aim Low - http://www.beer-simple.com/brewing/2019/9/16/aim-low-a-defense-of-everyd...
- Craft Maltster Guild "Seal" - https://craftmalting.com/craft-malt-certified-seal/
- First Craft Maltster 1st Malt Excellence Awards - https://limagraincerealseeds.com/craft-maltsters-guild-presents-first-ev...
- Lallemand GMO "Sour" Yeast - https://www.lallemandbrewing.com/en/united-states/product-details/sourvi...
- Lallemand - https://www.lallemand.com
- American Epic Sessions - https://www.pbs.org/show/american-epic/
- Chat with Champs - http://www.chatwithchamps.org/
- Patreon Remember even a buck is good for charity: http://www.patreon.com/experimentalbrewing
- Experimental Brew Store - https://www.experimentalbrew.com/store
00:00:00 Opening & Our Sponsors & Announcements & Feedback
00:14:08 The Pub
00:32:23 The Library
00:38:12 The Brewery
00:47:36 The Lounge - Brian Perkey - Lallemand
01:56:07 Quick Tip & Something Other Than Beer
This episode is brought to you by:
Interested in helping Denny and Drew with the IGOR program (aka help us run experiments!) - contact them at [email protected]. We want more Citizen Science!
In the meanwhile, subscribe via your favorite podcasting service (iTunes, etc). Like our podcast, review it - talk it up! If you have comments, feedbacks, harassments, etc, feel free to drop us a line at [email protected]. Follow us on Facebook (ExperimentalHomebrewing) or Twitter (@ExpBrewing). If you have questions you'd like answered in our Q&A segment, send an email to [email protected]!
Don't forget you can support the podcast on Patreon by going to http://patreon.com/experimentalbrewing
This episode can be downloaded directly at http://www.podtrac.com/pts/redirect.mp3/www.experimentalbrew.com/sites/d...
Podcast RSS Url: http://www.experimentalbrew.com/podcast.rss