In our ongoing efforts to try and learn everything - and fail miserably - we revisit Denny's question from Episode 58 about dried lager strains labelled like ale strains. After much listener input, Drew sits down with Bryan Heit of Sui Generis Brewing to get the current scientific picture on yeast genetics. It turns out science makes for really complicated answers! Plus, we talk retirement, rough times for craft brewers, charity and how lasers are making better beer before digging into your questions. Finally, we close out with Denny's favorite new cooking show!
- BrewSwag.com - Use Code "Experimental" and save 7.5% and give 7.5% to our charity fund!
- Charlie's Spoon in the Smithsonian -https://www.homebrewersassociation.org/news/charlie-papazians-homebrew-s...
- Charlie's Retirement - https://www.homebrewersassociation.org/news/brewers-association-announce...
- Summary of the Problems Mid Sized Breweries are Facing - http://www.foodandwine.com/beer/midsize-breweries-business
- Russian River's Sonoma Pride Raises Nearly $900k - http://www.sonomamag.com/russian-river-brewing-company-close-to-raising-...
- Better Beer & Bread with Lasers - https://www.photonics.com/a62603/Better_Beer_Bread_Thanks_to_Supercontin...
- Sierra Nevada's Tank Tested - First Episode - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CaO9em8QWpw
- Sui Generis Brewing - http://suigenerisbrewing.com/
- Big Family Cooking Showdown (Netflix link) - https://www.netflix.com/title/80186090
- Great British Baking Show (Netflix link) - https://www.netflix.com/title/80063224
- Habitat for Humanity - https://www.habitat.org/
- Patreon Remember even a buck is good for charity: http://www.patreon.com/experimentalbrewing
- Experimental Brew Store - https://www.experimentalbrew.com/store
00:00:00 Opening & Our Sponsors
00:03:13 Announcements & Feedback
00:11:40 The Pub
00:28:04 The Library - Lasers
00:33:27 The Brewery - Sierra Nevada
00:38:53 The Lounge - Yeast Mysteries with Sui Generis
01:34:02 Quick Tip - Big Beer Efficiency
01:35:14 Something Other Than Beer
This episode is brought to you by:
Interested in helping Denny and Drew with the IGOR program (aka help us run experiments!) - contact them at [email protected]. We want more Citizen Science!
In the meanwhile, subscribe via your favorite podcasting service (iTunes, etc). Like our podcast, review it - talk it up! If you have comments, feedbacks, harassments, etc, feel free to drop us a line at [email protected]. Follow us on Facebook (ExperimentalHomebrewing) or Twitter (@ExpBrewing). If you have questions you'd like answered in our Q&A segment, send an email to [email protected]!
Don't forget you can support the podcast on Patreon by going to http://patreon.com/experimentalbrewing
This episode can be downloaded directly at http://www.podtrac.com/pts/redirect.mp3/www.experimentalbrew.com/sites/d...
Podcast RSS Url: http://www.experimentalbrew.com/podcast.rss