Happy New Beer! We kick off the new year with a look at how the folks at We Love LB and the Long Beach Homebrewers are using homebrew to build a better neighborhood. First we'll talk to Scott Jones, the executive director of We Love LB about his mission to strengthen his community and how beer helps and then we talk to Neil Ian Horowitz of the Long Beach Homebrewers about how the club got involved and what beer he provided to the festivities. It's an interesting model that we think can be duplicated around the world!
But first we've got to take your feedback, cover the beer news including what the shutdown means for beer and Teri Farendorf's take on the "Inebriation" Industry, some foundational numbers and calculations and our favorite brewing experiences of the past year.
- BYO Boot Camp with Denny, Drew & Marshall - http://byobootcamp.com/
- Teri's Ineberiation Beverage Industry Take - https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10215500464437200&set=a.10202073...
- The TTB Shutdown and What It Means - https://www.brewbound.com/news/ttb-suspends-operations-amid-government-s...
- Haines Brewing Boycotting Flights - https://www.craftbeer.com/editors-picks/no-flights-zone-haines-brewing-s...
- Brew By The Numbers - https://www.homebrewersassociation.org/attachments/0000/2497/Math_in_Mas...
- We Love LB - https://www.welovelb.org/
- Long Beach Homebrewers - http://www.longbeachhomebrewers.com/
- Trail of Lightning - https://amzn.to/2SypkgP
- Nowzad - https://www.nowzad.com/
- Patreon Remember even a buck is good for charity: http://www.patreon.com/experimentalbrewing
- Experimental Brew Store - https://www.experimentalbrew.com/store
00:00:00 Opening & Our Sponsors
00:03:15 Announcements & Feedback
00:09:34 The Pub
00:28:02 The Library
00:34:06 The Brewery
00:40:44 The Lounge - Scott Jones/Neil Ian Horowitz
01:32:14 Quick Tip & Something Other Than Beer
This episode is brought to you by:
Interested in helping Denny and Drew with the IGOR program (aka help us run experiments!) - contact them at [email protected]. We want more Citizen Science!
In the meanwhile, subscribe via your favorite podcasting service (iTunes, etc). Like our podcast, review it - talk it up! If you have comments, feedbacks, harassments, etc, feel free to drop us a line at [email protected]. Follow us on Facebook (ExperimentalHomebrewing) or Twitter (@ExpBrewing). If you have questions you'd like answered in our Q&A segment, send an email to [email protected]!
Don't forget you can support the podcast on Patreon by going to http://patreon.com/experimentalbrewing
This episode can be downloaded directly at http://www.podtrac.com/pts/redirect.mp3/www.experimentalbrew.com/sites/d...
Podcast RSS Url: http://www.experimentalbrew.com/podcast.rss