The AHA is definitely speeding up their turnaround times! Just a few weeks ago we were all chilling in San Diego – now we’re able to catch up on the things we missed!All of the seminars and speeches are recorded by the AHA and offered as a member perk. That’s right, you have to be a member to access all the talks, but look, why aren’t you?
- The AHA publishes a great magazine that I occasionally sully with my verbiage.
- Heck, they have an archive going back to 2000 for the magazine – online – for free!
- They tackle homebrewing rights issues.
- The website contains a plethora of great content.
- The forum is one of the nicest places to hang out on the internet and learn some stuff.
- They have deals for members everywhere they can muster the support.
- They offerinsurance to homebrew clubs
- The put on rallies all across the nation, getting breweries to open up and offer fun events to AHA members
- Organize events like Big Brew, Mead Day and Learn How To Homebrew Day
And.. they also offer the National Homebrewer’s Conference every year with an embarassing wealth of information. Since 2012, they’ve recorded most of the talks and grabbed the slide decks from everyone. So, now, for your measly $43 per year, you can have access to all that great stuff and help support homebrewing across the nation! Join dangnabit! Now if you’d like to catch up with Denny and I – there are the links below. What else can you read/listen to? How about Randy Mosher giving a talk on how what you know about Beer History is Wrong (slides)? Mitch Steele on the wonderful world of IPA (slides)! Vinnie Cilurzo talking Brewing with Experimental Hops (slides). Gordon Strong on Modern Homebrew Recipes (slides). Mike Tonsmiere and company on Brewing with Coffee (slides)? Lots of knowledge, right there for the taking! The Seminars Page Introduction to Experimentation (aka our talk) (audio) (slides)