Are you experienced, IPA drinker? Prepare to have your IPA world made more Eclectic as Drew sits talks with the legendary Dick Cantwell about his new book, Eclectic IPA. Together we take a look at where IPA came from, where it is and where Dick thinks it's going. Yes, we even talk about the haze and somehow, improbably, smoked peaches. Who knew? Elsewhere, we tackle water quality, diastaticus and your feedback on the cryo experiment (and let you know what's coming next!).
- BrewSwag.com - Use Code "Experimental" and save 7.5% and give 7.5% to our charity fund!
- BrewCraft USA Party - Weds 6/27 - https://www.facebook.com/events/172239400103257/
- HomeBrewCon: https://www.homebrewcon.org/
- Microplastics in Great Lakes Water/Beer: https://thetakeout.com/beer-brewed-with-great-lakes-water-microplastics-...
- Brewers Association Public Hop Breeding Program: https://www.brewersassociation.org/press-releases/public-hop-breeding-pr...
- 5 Things I Learned About AB Inbev: https://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2018/05/five-things-i-learned-abo...
- Reddit Thread with Wyeast Statement: https://www.reddit.com/r/TheBrewery/comments/8jvx1j/oooh_shots_fired/
- Eclectic IPA by Dick Cantwell: https://amzn.to/2IDG94Y (Amazon Affliate Link)
- Simone Gertz - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3KEoMzNz8eYnwBC34RaKCQ
- BYO Subscribe! https://subscribe.pcspublink.com/sub/subscribe.aspx?guid=cc79fade-90d7-4...
- Habitat for Humanity - https://www.habitat.org/
- Patreon Remember even a buck is good for charity: http://www.patreon.com/experimentalbrewing
- Experimental Brew Store - https://www.experimentalbrew.com/store
00:00:00 Opening & Our Sponsors
00:03:32 Announcements & Feedback
00:11:19 The Pub
00:26:50 The Brewery
00:36:15 The Brewery - Tasting Denny's Beer
00:41:43 The Lab - Feedback on Cryo / Next Experiment
00:52:31 The Lounge - Dick Cantwell
01:42:48 Quick Tip & Something Other Than Beer
This episode is brought to you by:
Interested in helping Denny and Drew with the IGOR program (aka help us run experiments!) - contact them at [email protected]. We want more Citizen Science!
In the meanwhile, subscribe via your favorite podcasting service (iTunes, etc). Like our podcast, review it - talk it up! If you have comments, feedbacks, harassments, etc, feel free to drop us a line at [email protected]. Follow us on Facebook (ExperimentalHomebrewing) or Twitter (@ExpBrewing). If you have questions you'd like answered in our Q&A segment, send an email to [email protected]com!
Don't forget you can support the podcast on Patreon by going to http://patreon.com/experimentalbrewing
This episode can be downloaded directly at http://www.podtrac.com/pts/redirect.mp3/www.experimentalbrew.com/sites/d...
Podcast RSS Url: http://www.experimentalbrew.com/podcast.rss