In a first for the podcast, we have a guest interview. IGOR Eric Pierce brings us a conversation with John Wei of Brewlander & Co in Singapore. How did he get started with good beer? What does it take to find ingredients and why did make the job to go pro? Find out! We also sit down and cover the beer world - Hazy IPA going national, Drew's quixotic LA quest, the notion of courtesy scoring and hey.. what's that? Why yes, we're announcing another experiment! Sit back and get ready to listen!
- BrewSwag.com - Use Code "Experimental" and save 7.5% and give 7.5% to our charity fund!
- Forbes - Hop Vendors Swallow a Bitter Pil: https://www.forbes.com/sites/taranurin/2018/01/26/hop-vendors-swallow-a-...
- Sam Adams launches a national New England Hazy IPA: https://thefullpint.com/beer-news/samuel-adams-best-selling-new-england-...
- Sierra Nevada donation to Butte College: http://www.butte.edu/feeds/2018/Free_Tuition_Fees_Fall_2018.html
- The Return of Dan and Martha Holly-Paquette: https://www.rmcmedia.co.uk/vibe/food-and-drink/article/Brewery-to-open-o...
- Brewery at Abgaile - https://abigailerestaurant.com/
- Zymurgy Brewworks: http://www.zymurgybrewworks.com/
- Long Beach Beer Lab: https://lbbeer.com/
- Yeast Family Tree: http://allaboutbeer.com/article/the-family-tree-of-yeast/
- Courtesy Scoring in Judging: http://professorgoodales.net/archives/13532
- Cryo Hop Experiment: https://www.experimentalbrew.com/experiments/cryo-hop-vs-t-90
- Brewlander: http://www.brewlander.com/
- Dark Run by Mike Brooks: http://amzn.to/2CMS6Bs
- Habitat for Humanity - https://www.habitat.org/
- Patreon Remember even a buck is good for charity: http://www.patreon.com/experimentalbrewing
- Experimental Brew Store - https://www.experimentalbrew.com/store
00:00:00 Opening & Our Sponsors
00:03:13 Announcements & Feedback
00:9:12 The Pub
00:26:16 The Library - Yeast Tree
00:32:39 The Brewery - Courtesy Scoring
00:39:50 The Lab - Cryo Hops
00:44:57 The Lounge - Brewlander
01:41:36 Quick Tip - Beer Shipping
01:44:00 Something Other Than Beer
This episode is brought to you by:
Interested in helping Denny and Drew with the IGOR program (aka help us run experiments!) - contact them at email@example.com. We want more Citizen Science!
In the meanwhile, subscribe via your favorite podcasting service (iTunes, etc). Like our podcast, review it - talk it up! If you have comments, feedbacks, harassments, etc, feel free to drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow us on Facebook (ExperimentalHomebrewing) or Twitter (@ExpBrewing). If you have questions you'd like answered in our Q&A segment, send an email to email@example.com!
Don't forget you can support the podcast on Patreon by going to http://patreon.com/experimentalbrewing
This episode can be downloaded directly at http://www.podtrac.com/pts/redirect.mp3/www.experimentalbrew.com/sites/d...
Podcast RSS Url: http://www.experimentalbrew.com/podcast.rss