What happens when your pub chain wants a brewery but has no room? You make room! When Brian Herbertson joined the Simmzy's group, that was his challenge. The answer - stick it on the second floor! Together we sit down and discuss just how you put a brewery on the second story, tackling supplying a whole chain with beer from one location and his spin on the summer's new hit style - Brut IPA. We also get some great feedback on Speed Brewing and Drew butchers the Polish language, again. We cover punks in the news, alcohol in the industry, the British Museum, homebrew charity and answer your questions!
- BrewSwag.com - Use Code "Experimental" and save 7.5% and give 7.5% to our charity fund!
- BrewCraft USA Party - Weds 6/27 - https://www.facebook.com/events/172239400103257/
- HomeBrewCon: https://www.homebrewcon.org/
- Bucket liners: http://fermware.com/fermentation-bucket-liners/
- NOFX: https://theblast.com/nofx-dropped-punk-in-drublic-festival/
- Shaun Hill's Interview: https://www.morningadvertiser.co.uk/Article/2018/05/24/Beer-industry-fai...
- Shaun Hill's Response to the Interview: https://www.beeradvocate.com/community/threads/shaun-hill-on-craft-beer-...
- British Museum Makes Egyptian Beer: https://blog.britishmuseum.org/a-sip-of-history-ancient-egyptian-beer/
- BeerSmith 3: http://beersmith.com/blog/2018/06/01/beersmith-3-a-first-look/
- Brew for Good: http://brewforgoodmn.org/
- Coldchela: https://hoppedla.com/events/coldchela-2018
- Simmzy's: http://www.simmzys.com/
- BYO Subscribe! https://subscribe.pcspublink.com/sub/subscribe.aspx?guid=cc79fade-90d7-4...
- Habitat for Humanity - https://www.habitat.org/
- Patreon Remember even a buck is good for charity: http://www.patreon.com/experimentalbrewing
- Experimental Brew Store - https://www.experimentalbrew.com/store
00:00:00 Opening & Our Sponsors
00:03:32 Announcements & Feedback
00:14:23 The Pub
00:30:10 The Library - British Museum
00:36:34 The Brewery
00:44:32 The Lounge - Herbie & Simmzy's
01:41:49 Quick Tip & Something Other Than Beer
This episode is brought to you by:
Interested in helping Denny and Drew with the IGOR program (aka help us run experiments!) - contact them at [email protected]. We want more Citizen Science!
In the meanwhile, subscribe via your favorite podcasting service (iTunes, etc). Like our podcast, review it - talk it up! If you have comments, feedbacks, harassments, etc, feel free to drop us a line at [email protected]. Follow us on Facebook (ExperimentalHomebrewing) or Twitter (@ExpBrewing). If you have questions you'd like answered in our Q&A segment, send an email to [email protected]!
Don't forget you can support the podcast on Patreon by going to http://patreon.com/experimentalbrewing
This episode can be downloaded directly at http://www.podtrac.com/pts/redirect.mp3/www.experimentalbrew.com/sites/d...
Podcast RSS Url: http://www.experimentalbrew.com/podcast.rss